1. Where did swami Vivekananda give his famous Chicago speech –
Ans. 11 September, 1893
2. The term “Round Revolution” is related to which among the following –
3. The deity in most of the Chola temples was –
4. National Consumer Rights Day” is observed on which among the following-
Ans. 24 December
5. Mount Everest is named after –
Ans. A servyor general of India
6. Zuzana Captiva was sworn in as the first female president of which country?
7. Name of the first election commissioner of India?
Ans. Sukumar Sen
8. Name of first foreign recipient of Bharat Ratna?
Ans. Khan Abdul Gaffar Khan
9. Where was the first post office opened in India in 1727?
10. Name of the first person to get Paramvir Chakra?
Ans. Major Somnath Sharma
11) Goutam Buddha’s mother name is –
12) Gautam Buddh’s leaving home is also known as-
13) Who established Pattilputra ?
14) The ruler of which Mahajanapada was “Chand Pradyot”?
15) Who was written Mudrarakshas –
16) Who was victorious in ‘Dasrajan’ war? –
17) Tripitakas are sacred books of-
18) Tipu sultan was the ruler of
19. The term yavanika meant
20. The weekly Commonweal was founded by-
Ans. Annie Besant
21. Who of the famous in the name of ‘ Sher -a -Punjab ‘?
Ans. Lala Lajpat Rai
22. When was the National Council of Education established?
Ans. 15 August 1906
23. When was the Muslim league established?
24. Jamini Roy was a famous for
25. Madharasas are the schools of, which caste?
26. Gir National Park is situated in, which city?
27. Shore temple is located at, Which City?
28. All India Harijan Sangha established in?
29. First Governor – General of Bengal was –
Ans. Warren Hesting
30. First English paper in India –
Ans. The bengal Gazete
31. Qutab minar construction was started by kutub – ud – din -aibak in –
32. Who had completed the construction of Qutub minar
33. Who was not included in the “navaratna” of akber
Ans. Raja Bharmal
34. Who is known as the nepoleon of India
35. “Gayatri Mantra” is written in
36. Reliance Jio has launched which digital wallet service for peoples –
Ans. Jio Money
37. Which service is used to send or receive mail on the Internet –
38. Which of the major languages spoken in Andhra Pradesh –
Ans. Telugu and Urdu
39. What is the state flower of Haryana?
40. “World Water Day” is observed on
Ans. 22 march
41. Which is of the highest nutritive value –
42. which vitamin rich source of Cow Milk is-
Ans. Vitamin B
43. Who won the “Femina Miss Grand” India 2019 title –
Ans. Shivani Jadhav
44. How many members had won Sahitya Akademi’s Yuva Puraskar, recently?
45. HDFC sells further what stake in Gruh Finance for rs.899 crore –
46. Which port of India is also known as “child of partition”?
47. Shiva Crater is located near which place in India ?
48. Mahi River falls in –
Ans. Gulf of Khambat
49. Which is the deepest port in India?
Ans. Gangavaram Port
50. “Indira Gandhi super thermal power project “ is located in –
51.The lacustrine deposits of Kashmir called ‘Karewas’ are known for –
Ans. Saffron Cultivation
52. Total rail route in kerala is approximately –
Ans. 1000 km
53. Who is the Present chief of the World Bank Group –
Ans. David Malpass
54. What is India’s rank in the Global Competitive Index report 2019 –
55.“corona” is a –
56. Who is the writer of the poem “Daddy” –
Ans. Sylvia Plath
57. Who is the writer of the poem “Those Winter Sundays” –
Ans. Robert Hayden
58. Who is the writer of the poem “All the World’s a Stage” –
Ans. William Shakespeare
59. Who is the writer of the poem “A Poison Tree” –
Ans. William Blake
60. When the Sepoy Rebellion took place –
61. What was the India’s first satellite –
62. Headquarters of the Eastern Railway-
63. Headquarters of the Central Railway-
64. The Director General (DG) of the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) is-
Ans. Rajesh Ranjan
65. The Maratha and The Kesri were the two main newspapers started by
Ans. Bal Gangadhar Tilak
66. Hindu collage established in-
67. The first railway line in India between Bombay and thane was started in –
Ans. AD 1853
68. Which is the scientific computer language ?
69. ‘Radio Carbon Dating’process is used to calculate
Ans. The age of tree
70. Which of the following is known as ‘Green House Gas’-
71. Abhijit Binayak Bandopaddhyay received Novel Prize for-
72. The dimension MLT-2 Corresponds to –
73. Taxonomy is a science that deals with –
74. Konkan coast is stretched from where to where –
Ans. Daman to Goa
75. On which date world Kindness Day is ovserved every year?
Ans. 13th November
76. Which part of the Earth has the abundance of nickel and iron?
77. China has the longest border with which of the following country?
78. Who was the last Nawab of Murshidabad?
Ans: Waresh Ali Mirza
79. What is the name of the clock that determines Greenwich Mean Time?
80. Who got the 2004 Saraswati Award?
Ans: Sunil Gangopadhy
81. Which book written by Vikram Seth won the United Nations Writers’ Award?
Ans: A sweet boy
82. In which country were women first given the right to vote?
Ans: In New Zealand (in 1893)
83. Where in the world was the first tram launched?
Ans: New York
84. In which country is the largest underground lake located?
Ans: In Namibia
White is the name of the parliament of which country?
85. Who was the first woman judge of the Supreme Court?
Ans: Mira Fatema Bibi
86. Whose pseudonym is Bird of Even?
Ans: William Shakespeare
87. In what year was the Mona Lisa painted?
Ans: In 1503
88. What was the first name of the Football World Cup?
Ans: Julierime cup
89. What did scientist Meghnad Saha discover?
Ans: Theory of thermal ionization
90. Where is the island of Java located?
Ans: In Indonesia
91. Who is the inventor of the law of refraction of light?
92. Where is the summit of Mount Coolie located?
93. Which is the smallest neighboring country of India?
94. What is the name of India’s largest neighboring country?
95. Which Indian woman crossed the Gibraltar Strait first?
Ans: Aarti Saha
96. What is the meaning of Upanishads?
Ans: Sitting nearby
97. In which country was the first Football World Cup held?
Ans: Uruguay (in 1930)
98. Who was the first Governor of West Bengal?
Ans: C Raja Gopalachari
99. In which country was the first stamp issued?
Ans: In Britain (in 1840)
100. Where is the main place of worship for Shia Muslims?
101. Who was the first woman judge of the High Court?
102. What are computer IC chips made of?
103. What is the name of the river in the hilly region of West Bengal?
104. Who was the sheriff of Kolkata in 2006?
Ans: Amal Chakraborty
105. What is the name of the current World Cup?
Ans: FIFA World Cup
106. Who is the leader of Gorkha Liberation Front?
Ans: Subas Ghising
107. Who wrote Pragya Parmita Sutra and Madhyamita Sutra?
Ans: Philosopher Nagarjuna
108. What kind of landforms are created as a result of wind erosion?
Ans: Insel barge
109. The only district in West Bengal that does not have subdivisions?
110. Which organ has pleurisy?
111. Where is the smallest ciliary muscle in the human body?
Ans: In the eyes
112. What is the unit to measure hard disk in computer?
113. Whose flag is the Bhagwa flag?
Ans: Chhatrapati Shivaji
114. What are the names of the five lakes?
Ans: Titicaca, Superior, Huron, Erie and Ontario
115. Niagara Falls is located on which river?
Ans: St. Lawrence
116. Whose autobiography is in the water of life?
Ans: Singer Manna
117. Who is the composer of the song?
Ans: Pandit Ravi Shankar
118. Copenhagen is the capital of which country?
119. Where is the Madame Tussauds Museum located?
Ans: In England
120. What is the name of the currency of Germany?
121. Who is called Mahadravaka?
122. What is a knot?
Ans: The unit of measurement of the speed of a ship
123. What was the national animal of India before 1973?
124. Which is the largest lake in Asia?
Ans: Caspian Sea
125. Where is the Prince of Wales Museum located?
126. Who is the inventor of the calculator?
127. What makes a spaceship window?
128. What is the name of the largest university in the world?
Ans: Indira Gandhi National Open University
129. Which wavelength of ray is longer?
Ans: Red color
130. Which is the oldest musical instrument in India?
131. Which plant has more photosynthesis?
132. Who discovered the ribosome?
133. What is the science of the brain called?
134. What is the reason for the yellow color of urine?
Ans: Due to the presence of bilirubin
135. In which state Panchayat Raj has not been established yet?
136. What is an ambush?
Ans: A group of tigers is called an ambush
137. Who discovered the nucleus of a cell?
Ans: Robert Brown